The advent of a new year is a time of celebrations and joy all around the world.
With various countries having different methods of marking a new year and sharing love among each other, this beginning of the year has great value and admiration in the hearts of people.
This time of the year people tend to visit their friends and families over for dinner to celebrate together and hope for a prosperous New year filled with tranquility and peace. Among many different cultures, Chinese New Year stands out from the crowd because of its uniqueness and variance.
11 Chinese New Year Greetings to Wish Wealth & Prosperity
To wish, to celebrate, to mark the beginning of a new year, people always get very meticulous with the words they pick to wish one another. We often find ourselves discombobulated while choosing the right words to wish our friends and family good health and wealth. To spare you all from the misery we have some wishes which may come in handy next time when you are perplexed over the right words.
- Xīnnián hǎo – Happy New Year
- Gōngzuò shùnlì – May your work go smoothly
- Xīn xiǎng shì chéng – May all your wishes come true
- Mǎdàochénggōng – Wishing you every success
- Nián nián yǒu yú – Wishing you prosperity every year
- cái yuán guǎng jìn – May your money and treasures be plentiful
- cái yuán gǔn gǔn – May wealth come pouring in
- shēng yì xīng lóng – May your business flourish
- gōng hè xīn xǐ, zhù shēn tǐ jiàn kāng, shì yè fā dá – Happy New Year, I wish you good health and lasting prosperity
- shì yè chéng gōng, jiā tíng mẹ̌i mǎn – Wish you a successful career and happy family
- jǐn zhù xīn nián kuài lè xìng fú, dà jí dà lì- I hope you have a most happy and prosperous New Year
How do you wish Happy CNY?
Also called “Lunar new year”, Chinese New Year is an annual 15 day festival in china and people from the chinese community celebrate it wholeheartedly together all over the world. Apart from greeting your loved ones with the wishes we have listed above, you can also make their new year more special and momentous by gifting them our special CNY hampers.
- CNY 2021 Golden Hamper – Filled with Loacker chocolate cream filled wafer cubes, 6 bottles of bird’s nest, new year decorations and much more. There can be no better way of saying happy new year than this.
- CNY 2021 BASKET OF LUCK II – This pocket friendly basket filled with mandarin oranges can be an amazing and healthy way of wishing your friends luck for the year.
- CNY 2021 AUSPICIOUS GIFT HAMPER – Filled with new moon fish maw soup, new peng hiang shrimp rolls, mala hotpot mushroom chips and much more, this hamper is full of exciting items and can be an excellent way of marking the lunar new year.
- CNY 2021 GOLDEN HAPPINESS – Dried supreme flower mushrooms, fried fish maw, honey dates, dried chrysanthemum flower, chinese tea (Assorted) in canister this hamper indeed stands to its name and brings happiness to your loved ones.
How do you celebrate Chinese new year?
Chinese New Year is a pretty huge and consequential thing and people celebrate it flawlessly with a great deal of effort. Putting up new year decorations, going out on a dinner with your family on new year’s eve and enjoying fireworks when the clock hits 12. Chinese new year is celebrated for 15 days, starting from new year’s eve till the lantern festival. For these 15 days people go out to do shopping for the festivities and visit their relatives and enjoy the celebrations. The lantern festival marks the end of the celebrations and people enjoy it by lighting lanterns, eating sweets and looking at the fireworks.
What are CNY gifts traditional?
Chinese New Year is an auspicious time and people from chinese community visit their friends and family with gifts in their hands and love in their hearts. The most eminent and traditional CNY gifts are fruits, health food, tea, chocolates and clothes. If you’re wondering what to give your friends and families for this new year, checkout our CNY hampers listed above and more exciting gift hampers on Floweradvisor.
Why is there a Chinese New Year?
Chinese New Year is the most important holiday in China and has been celebrated extravagantly since ages. The festival has great cultural values and holds historical significance. It not only marks the beginning of a new year but also the advent of spring. According to chinese lunar calendar, the advent of a new year is always set to be between January 21st and February 20th. It’s a great excuse for family and friends to reunite as everybody usually stays apart for the whole year due to career choices and responsibilities.
Chinese New Year greeting 2021
In 2020, all of us witnessed one of the hardest and bleak times ever. So, the advent of 2021 should be celebrated with gratitude for being safe and getting through 2020 with hopes in our hearts for a beautiful 2021. To wish for a year filled with light and hope one must combine the right set of words. If you find yourself confused as to what to say while wishing your loved ones do look at the list of wishes shared above.
Why is Chinese New Year important?
Chinese New Year is important for many reasons, one of them being that it reunites families and friends once again over at dinner or parties to welcome the new year together with love and compassion. It gives the people a chance for a well deserved holiday time to be with their families. Lunar new year marks the advent of spring and it is followed by a 15 days celebration filled with amazing moments and precious memories. It is also the longest holiday time for some employees as they get 1-2 weeks off from work and the students also get holidays from their institutions.
Significance of Dragons in Chinese celebrations
You must have probably wondered why there are so many dragons used in chinese celebrations? Worry not! We are here to clear the air.
Dragons are highly believed to be bringer of luck and good fortune in chinese culture. They are known to represent strength and power and that’s why dragon dance is very famous during chinese celebrations and mostly during the new year celebrations. It started way back during the Han Dynasty and it was initially carried out to bring good luck in farming and bringing wealth and prosperity to everyone. Over the ages, the dragon dance has also been greatly appreciated even outside of China and people enjoy it a lot. The dragon dance brings joy and a sense of recognition to the people of chinese community. The dragon dance is always a momentous thing to witness which captivates the attention of the viewers.
Is CNY also observed outside Mainland China?
A billion in China and millions outside china celebrate lunar new year every year, which is the most eminent holiday for people of chinese culture. But not just China, many other Asian countries apart from China celebrate the chinese new year every year. Countries like Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand also celebrate the CNY Festival.
What you should not do during lunar year celebrations
There are many myths and superstitions around the chinese new year celebrations which are widely believed and practiced in chinese culture. There are things and practices from which one must refrain from during the lunar year celebrations. Some of these “Don’ts” are listed below.
- In the earlier days of the 15 day celebration, do not wipe the floor because it is believed that wiping the floor in the initial days of the lunar new year celebration wipes away wealth and good luck.
- Do not argue or get angry over your children or spouse because it is said that if you argue and get furious on the first day of the year you will argue for the whole year.
- Keep your children happy and refrain them from crying at all costs because it is believed that the crying of a child brings bad luck to the whole family throughout the year.
- Do not visit the hospital unless it is an emergency because it is said that visiting a hospital during these days brings sickness in your home.
- Do not wear black and white clothes as they are usually worn while attending a funeral and are a symbol of mourning.
What you can’t miss during 15 days of lunar new year celebrations
Now that we know what we should not do during lunar new year celebrations, it is time for the things and practices which we should definitely indulge ourselves in. Chinese new year, also known as the spring festival in China has many amazing things in store for you to experience and remember for a lifetime.
We have picked out the best and most exciting things which you should not miss at any cost during the spring festival.
- DRAGON & LION DANCE – We all have seen the dragon and lion dance in iconic movies like Rush hour and The karate kid and have been very intrigued by it and obviously wanted to witness it in reality. So the spring festival is the ideal opportunity for you to witness such dance during the celebrations which take place during these 15 days.
- Decorations – You can’t miss the DECORATIONS!! During the time of celebrations the streets are decorated very nicely with lights and ornaments and you just can’t miss that. It all feels like a dream when you go out in the evening and explore the streets and the decorations done by the natives.
- Fireworks – Initially used to drive away evil, burning crackers has become a traditional Chinese New Year thing over the years and the sight of the fireworks at night is mesmerizing and very moving.
- Food – During the exciting time of Chinese New Year celebrations, food is something which you just can’t miss. Starting a year with healthy and lip-smacking food will do wonders to not just your stomach but also to your soul.
There are few dishes which are considered lucky to eat during Chinese New Year and are believed to be bringer of good fortune. Below is a list of food which you shouldn’t miss during spring festival.
- Fish – Eating fish is said to bring prosperity in our lives and many people eat steamed fish as it’s one of the most famous dishes in chinese culture.
- Chinese Dumplings – It is believed that eating dumplings brings luck and wealth. The traditional dish has a long history of more than 1800 years and it’s a classic New Year dish in Chinese culture.
- Spring Rolls – Just like the dumplings, spring rolls are also believed to be the bringer of luck and wealth. Because of their structure being similar to gold bars, people believe they bring wealth.
- Sweet Rice Balls – An eminent dish in the lantern festival, they are told to bring people together and reunite them. This is why they are enjoyed by many people during the spring festival.
Chinese New Year celebration is something which one should experience at least once. The decorations, fireworks, the food and the culture is so heartwarming. Every country has their own culture which they enjoy and practice together in harmony. New Year is a time of positive beginnings and new opportunities, one must start their year on a happy note so they can be energetic throughout the year.
FlowerAdvisor is an E-commerce engaged in the delivery of flowers and gifts worldwide. We provide the best products with the best quality for flowers and gifts that you can order at any time.
FlowerAdvisor came about due to the prominent absence of a single strong brand in Asia for International Flower Delivery. Online users struggle to discover a trusted 24-hour delivery flower site that can send flowers, hampers, and gifts to their loved ones anywhere in the world.
The best local writers support FlowerAdvisor to provide amazing content for those who want to learn more about florist and gift. Fresh contents are updated daily, so you can get new information to help you when shopping for gifts.